For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me.
Ways to volunteer
1. Purchase and/or prepare dinner
2. Serve dinner
3. Donate items for a meal
We Care’s Mission: To provide transitional and emergency shelter and support services in collaboration with other agencies to assist homeless individuals in becoming self-sufficient.Our Lady of Assumption parishioners serve dinner at the We Care Program every Tuesday night for the entire shelter season. The shelter season begins on November 1st. If you are unable
to serve on a Tuesday night, we highly encourage you to check out the calendar on the We Care Program website and sign up for a date that fits your schedule.
For more information or to schedule a night to volunteer at the shelter, contact:
CHRISTINE DORES at 209.495.0586 or email@example.com
Thanks for your interest in serving dinner at the We Care Shelter. The We Care Program has created this information sheet to answer any basic questions you may have:
- Your family or group will purchase, prepare, and/or serve dinner for approximately
- We suggest that meals be prepared off-site
- Please provide plastic cups (plates and silverware are in the shelter kitchen).
- There can be anywhere from 4-10 people in your family or group.
- Hot meals suggested as the majority of those being served have spent the day outside in the cold weather.
- Dinner suggestions: main dish, side dish, vegetable, bread, dessert and a drink.
- Drink suggestions: milk, soda, juice, hot chocolate, water, or tea.
- Families/groups need to arrive no earlier than 6:40 p.m. and prepare to set-up and serve dinner by 7:00 p.m.
- Latex gloves are provided and need to be worn by all individuals handling food.
- If you would like to make breakfast bags for the following morning, please do so.
We suggest breakfast bars, fruit, and bottled water or juice.